Bible Verse of the Day

Saturday, March 07, 2009

More spring

So yesterday it was all about maple syrup...today it's about cooking. My dh bought us a grill over the winter and it's been sitting in the pole building awaiting good enough weather to get it to the back deck. The deed is accomplished. He even had a propane bottle so he could get it hooked up right away! The kids were just DYING to have something cooked on the grill, so I fixed the whole meal on it. Mind you, I'm not a griller. Or at least I haven't been until now. But I think I'll be liking this! I made dilled red potatoes (grilled in foil), homemade vegie burgers (YUMMY) served with cucumber raita sauce, grilled tomatoes (yummy and dh loved them) and we grilled a piece of Indian na'an bread that was in the frig. The only thing that didn't get grilled was our salad ;-) Oh, and dessert was s'mores on the grill. I thought I did really well, for a short-notice and last minute change of dinner plans, and for not really having much in the house that could be grilled.

1 comment:

Laura K. said...

Sounds very tasty!!!