Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring Wildflowers

Spring has finally started to appear! Can you believe it? Of course, they're still talking snow. I thought the FCC has rules about saying naughty words on air, but "snow" must not be one of those naughty words, at least by their rules. In April, it's a naughty word by my rules, however!


Anyway, ds7 and I found the following while we were riding on the Rail Trail the other day: bloodroot and two little sprigs of Dutchman's breeches. I showed him how the bloodroot leaves and stem "bleed" (it was more orange than red, strangely...usually it's red!) Dutchman's breeches are my favorite...they're so cute and they really do look like upside-down Dutch boy pants hanging from a clothesline. The timing was especially appropriate, as we had just finished reading The Wheel on the School the night before :-) In my yard there are three little wild strawberry blossoms (so far). I'm so glad to see the first signs of spring. Bring on some more flowers, and some wild strawberries to munch on, too!

No comments: