Bible Verse of the Day

Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Blog is Coming Back to Life!

I know I haven't been a faithful blogger, but that is about to change.  Both of my grandfathers enjoyed hymns and hymnology.  They both had extensive hymnal collections, although their interest areas were quite different.  So, I guess that the direction my blog is moving is at least partly hereditary, because I will be devotional blogging hymns.  (In fact, the hymnal that I'm using as a reference was my Grandpa Cowdrick's, and his name is included in it, as he was a member of the committee that compiled this particular edition.) You'll have to tune in tomorrow to find out more.  I hope you'll enjoy visiting and want to come back every day.

To whet your appetite, here is a lovely poem about the New Year.

        The New Leaf

He came to my desk with quivering lip-
The lesson was done;
"Dear teacher, I want a new leaf," he said,
"I have spoiled this one."

I took the old leaf, stained and blotted,
And gave him a new one all unspotted,
And into his sad eyes smiled,
"Do better, now, my child."

I went to the throne with quivering soul
The old year was done.
"Dear God, hast Thou a new leaf for me?
I have spoiled this one."

God took the old leaf, stained and blotted,
And gave me a new one all unspotted,
And into my sad heart smiled,
"Do better, now, my child."

--Carrie Shaw Rice--

No comments: