Bible Verse of the Day

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

For God So Love Us

For God So Loved Us
Text written in 1856 by August D. Rische (1819-1906)
Sung to GOTT IST DIE LIEBE, Thuringer Melody, c. 1840


John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 

V. 1 For God so loved us, He sent the Savior:
For God so loved us, and loves me too.

Jeremiah 31:3 The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness."

Refrain: Love so unending! I'll sing His praises,
God loves His Children, loves even me.

Isaiah 42:26 I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh; they will be drunk on their own blood, as with wine. Then all mankind will know that I, the Lord, am your Savior, your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.

V. 2 He sent the Savior, the blest Redeemer;
He sent the Savior to set me free.
Refrain

Isaiah 49:10 They will neither hunger nor thirst, nor will the desert heat or the sun beat down on them. He who has compassion on them will guide them
and lead them beside springs of water.

V. 3 He bade me welcome, O word of mercy;
He bade me welcome, O voice divine.
Refrain

Revelation 5:13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power,
for ever and ever!”

V. 4 Glory and honor, O Love eternal,
To Him be given while life shall last.
Refrain

No comments: