Bible Verse of the Day

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Bounty from our yard

A close look reveals 3 morel mushrooms growing close together. They were actually 3 of the 29 we harvested from our yard, with more to come!
The bounty spread out to be viewed by all.
My little man was absolutely CHUFFED because he found his very first morel mushroom by himself, before anyone else spotted it! And it was the biggest one we harvested. (They grow pretty fast!)

If you don't know what a morel mushroom is...well...you just haven't lived! They grow in just about every state, in the spring. They're elusive and hard to find, but oooooh so worth the time spent searching. (I saw that they're selling for $24.95 a pound this season--our dinner last night was gold-plated, LOL!)

You can see more info about morels here.

2 comments:

Meesh said...

I've never heard of them- but wow what a find. I tend not to care for mushrooms, but at that price I"d give them a try if I found some!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Those are some big mushrooms! I didn't get a chance to hunt for any this year. BUMMER!