Bible Verse of the Day

Thursday, February 19, 2009

The absent blogger re-surfaces!




mindbump suggested by throught the eyes of an everyday extraordinaire

"Let it be people, music, objects, or anything else, what inspires you in your life?"

Definitely music. Because of my gift of perfect pitch, I hear music very often. Usually it's multi-part harmony. Sometimes it's recorded music. Sometimes it's a little tune that I "hear in my head" and harmonize myself. Sometimes it gets stuck and I have a hard time getting rid of it...but that can happen to anyone. And sometimes it's so stuck that I still hear it over recorded music that I play to try to eliminate it, LOL.

Music has so many capabilities. It can stimulate or soothe...energize or relax. It can change your mood and help you release stress. It transforms our world from a dull, colorless place to a place that transcends ugliness. As a musician, I can express my very soul through what I play or sing. I can worship my God and Creator in music. I can stretch my mind as I think about the words I sing...about their meaning and how best to express that meaning. (That's something I'm trying to get better at doing...I'm a work in progress!)

Music is a universal language. I've played with musicians from all over the world. Musicians with whom I couldn't exchange a "hello" because of language barriers. Language barriers quickly fall when there is music, and instead, there is unity. Talk about fun!

My greatest wish is to be a musician in heaven after the Lord's Second Coming. I've not yet decided which I want to do first--learn to play the harp (surely it'll be easier in the perfect heavenly environment!) or sing glorious harmonies in that big perfect heavenly choir.



No comments: