Bible Verse of the Day

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Krazy Kat

OK, some of you know we adopted a cat in April. Yes, me, the sworn cat-hater. OK, really I didn't HATE cats, as long as they were someone else's cat and they weren't trying to eat the wildlife around my birdfeeders. I just didn't want to be owned by a cat myself! But, after much prodding, whining, and cajoling from my beloved offspring, I gave in to their desire to be pet owners. Having been down the dog ownership road before(kennel fees when we went on vacation, dog hair everywhere, dog lying on the floor waiting to trip me in the middle of the night when I got up to tend to babies, falling OVER dog on floor with baby in arms, being awakened to let dog out to use Mother Nature one too many times!) I really had no desire to repeat that experience any time soon. Sooooooo I gave in and we are owned by our cat, Butterscotch. And I love him to bits. Some days he's almost like a dog, even ;-) Except he never begs to go outside. Well, almost never. At least not at Dark-thirty o'clock ;-)




Anyway, the whole reason for this long-windedness is to say that he's silly. I know cats are supposed to like bags to be in. Butterscotch mostly prefers boxes. And the tops of chairs, preferably if you're sitting in said chair so he can thump your head with his tail a time or two ;-) Last night ds5 and I were snuggled in my bed reading stories and I kept hearing the rustle of a plastic bag. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from, until I finally discovered Butterscotch in the corner in a plastic garbage bag where I've been collecting outgrown clothing to be donated! When he discovered we'd spotted him, he just stopped and sat there so cute with his little face peaking out. The kids were in stitches over his antics. Guess next time we can't find him, there'll be yet another place to look ;-)






1 comment:

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

Awww, I love kitty cats! Yours is very cute!