Bible Verse of the Day

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bible verse of the day

Today's verse of the day on www.BibleGateway.com is Psalm 46:10--"Be still, and know that I am God...." This really struck me today. In the daily rush of life, and everything that crowds into our heads, God gets crowded out. You can't get to know someone, and fall in love with him/her, in a crowded room. Sure, you might meet there, but then you go off somewhere quiet, private, even intimate. That's where the true friendship is made, the true relationship is built. The same thing goes for a relationship with God. If I can't make time for Him, and if I can't have quiet time spent with the Word with no distractions pushing Him out, how will I ever know Him? How will He be able to be my friend?

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love this verse. I usually refer to it when I'm bogged down with worry (which, unfortunately, is quite often). This verse reminds me that I can give my burdens to Him and just let it go. I find freedom in it. Thanks so much for posting this. ~K