Bible Verse of the Day

Monday, June 02, 2008

Great Timing

Expanding on the "home in Jesus" theme.......

I sat down to read my Bible a bit 2 days ago. My Message Bible was already packed away to take to church, so I picked up my NIV and as I flipped thru it, I found something I'd forgotten. (I bought this Bible when I was in high school, when I needed a study Bible for school.) Anyway, it's a Thompson Chain Reference Bible. I started looking at how that works, and realized that this is just what I need for my daily devotional time. I was blessed immediately by reading the chain on prayerfulness. I've been doing exactly what the Bible instructed about prayer--praying morning, noon, and night; praying every morning. I've had to pray a lot, LOL, to get my dh on board with God ;-) Anyway, in addition to my devotional book reading, and reading the book of Genesis, I'm going to read one of the study chains from my NIV each day. As well, I've gotten a pretty journal so I can write a bit about what blesses me from each chain as I read it. I could have written a page about prayer, had I had something pretty to write it in that morning, LOL ;-)

No comments: