Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Budding actors

My kids have a great opportunity this summer! They're cast members in a play called "Auschwitz Echoes" which is being presented by Give Me Shelter Arts Education, which is an organization that provides creative outlets for people with disabilities. The cast is mixed--some of the members have physical or mental disabilities, while others are from the community. There are a number of younger members of the cast, tho my kids are the youngest. DS6 had his first rehearsal today, and the director and cast were all over him. He IS cute, you know ;-) We'll practice at home--his lines are easy but he has a number of cues he needs to pay attention to for actions. I think it'll be fun watching it all come together, even if it does mean lots of sitting thru rehearsals between now and the end of August! The closest I've ever been to theater is playing in the pit orchestra, and of course, the rehearsing for that is much different from that of the people on stage.

I'm also perusing the library for children's books on the Holocaust and Auschwitz. I found a few in my first cursory exploration, but I need to get online and find more. I think my kids are starting to get a sense of what it was all about.

No comments: