Bible Verse of the Day

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

On the Eve of A New Decade

To My Dear DD10:

In just a few short hours, your second decade of life will begin. How time has rushed by so quickly with you in its firm grasp! 10 years ago, you were leaving infancy and on the brink of exploring life and the world around you. Today, you stand at the brink of young womanhood, as you rapidly leave childhood behind. I'm thankful that you are right where you are. One minute you are happily playing with a doll or other toy, and the next minute you are the hyper-mature, mothering young lady of the house. I am loathe to see you grow up so quickly, yet I am glad that you allow me glimpses of who you will be when next you stand at the brink of a decade.

My wish for us is that we will remain friends in this next decade. I know you won't always agree with me or see eye to eye with me, but I hope that we can work through our differences and remain in love with each other. I hope that we can respect each other, and learn from each other. I know there are a lot of things you can learn from me yet, LOL, but there is also much that I can learn from you, if I remain openminded and keep an open heart. Remember that you can come to me with anything--a question, a problem, a dream, anything you want to share or need advice about. I will always love you, even if what you have to say to me is upsetting. We can work through any problem--but hopefully there won't be too many of those along the way!

Dear daughter, please remember that God is your anchor. Stay firm to His truths. Remember that He loves you and desires that you will be a child of His Kingdom. I gave birth to you, but HE gave you re-birth. You are more precious to him than you are to me, hard as that is to imagine.

No comments: