Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

I Lay My Sins on Jesus

I Lay My Sins on Jesus
Text written in 1843 by Horatius Bonar (1808-1889)
Sung to BRADLEY, composed in 1964 by Allen W. Foster (1940 - ? )

Isaiah 1:18 “Come, let us discuss this,”
says the Lord.
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
they will be as white as snow;
though they are as red as crimson,
they will be like wool."

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Here is the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"

V. 1 I lay my sins on Jesus,
The spotless Lamb of God;
He bears them all, and frees us
From the accursed load,
From the accursed load.

Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you;
He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.

Psalm 103:3, 4 He forgives all your sin; He heals all your diseases.
He redeems your life from the Pit; He crowns you with faithful love and compassion.

Matthew 11:30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

Colossians 1:19 For God was pleased to haveall His fullness dwell in Him.

V. 2 I bring my guilt to Jesus,
To wash my crimson stains
White in His blood most precious,
Till not a stain remains,
Till not a stain remains.

Luke 2:35 ... And a sword will pierce your own soul — that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

V. 3 I lay my wants on Jesus,
All fullness dwells in Him;
He healeth my diseases,
He doth my soul redeem,
He doth my soul redeem.

V. 4 I long to be with Jesus,
Meek, loving, lowly, mild;
I long to be like Jesus,
The Father's holy child, 
The Father's holy child.

V. 5 I long to be with Jesus
Amid the heav'nly throng,
To sing with them His praises,
And learn the angels' song.
And learn the angels' song.

No comments: