Bible Verse of the Day

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior

Pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior
Text written in 1868 by Fanny J. Crosby (1820-1915)
Tune composed in 1870 by William H. Doane (1832-1916)


Luke 18:37 They told him, “Jesus of Nazareth is passing by.”

V. 1 Pass me not, O gentle Savior,
Hear my humble cry;
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.

Refrain: Savior, Savior, hear my humble cry,
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.

Mark 9:24 Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”

V. 2 Let me at Thy throne of mercy
Find a sweet relief;
Kneeling there in deep contrition,
Help my unbelief.
Refrain

Proverbs 8:14 Counsel and sound judgment are mine;
I have insight, I have power.

V. 3 Trusting only in Thy merit,
Would I seek Thy face;
Heal my wounded, broken spirit,
Save me by Thy grace.
Refrain

Psalm 73:25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.

V. 4 Thou the spring of all my comfort,
More than life for me;
Whom have I on earth beside Thee?
Whom in heaven but Thee?
Refrain

No comments: