Bible Verse of the Day

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Have Thine Own Way, Lord

Have Thine Own Way, Lord
Text written by Adelaide Pollard (1862-1934)
Sung to ADELAIDE, composed in 1907 by George C. Stebbins (1846-1945)


Isaiah 64:8 Yet you, Lord, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.

V. 1 Have Thine own way, Lord! 
Have Thine own way!
Thou art the Potter; 
I am the clay.
Mold me and make me
After Thy will,
While I am waiting, 
Yielded and still.

Psalm 139:23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."

V. 2 Have Thine own way, Lord!
Have Thine own way!
Search me and try me,
Master, today!
Whiter than snow, Lord,
Wash me just now,
As in Thy presence
Humbly I bow.

Matthew 6:13 And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.

Luke 22:51 But Jesus answered, “No more of this!” And he touched the man’s ear and healed him.

V. 3 Have Thine own way, Lord!
Have Thine own way!
Wounded and weary
Help me, I pray!
Power--all power--
Surely is Thine!
Touch me and heal me, 
Savior divine!

Ephesians 3:17 ...so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,....

V. 4 Have Thine own way, Lord!
Have Thine own way!
Hold o'er my being
Absolute sway!
Fill with Thy Spirit
Till all shall see
Christ only, always,
Living in me!

No comments: