Bible Verse of the Day

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Is this winter????

I left for work this morning and it was 18-20 degrees and raining! (Those were F degrees, not C, LOL ;-) Ahem, but when it's below freezing, is the precipitation not ALSO supposed to be frozen? It was raining soooooooo hard I had to run my vent fan on high heat to keep my windshield from icing--I had music playing--and I could STILL hear the rain hitting my windshield! Maximum safe driving speed was about 2 mph. OK, 8 mph. Really. It was awful! Thank goodness my commute is only 8 miles, which took 20 btw. My shift partner didn't even go home--she'd have had to drive 25 miles. She's in a dark quiet office crashed out on a cot mattress on the floor, poor thing :-( It's warming up above freezing but it'll be a while before the ice disappears from the roads. It's just downright nasty out! How nasy, you ask? This nasty!





And now for today's bizarre coincidence! I was looking at some old ice photos, also taken at work


Isn't that pretty ice? The photo was taken exactly 2 years ago today!!! How bizarre is that, to have nearly identical storms exactly two years apart? (Except we won't be seeing blue sky and sunshine to spark on the icy trees today!)

2 comments:

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

very pretty... unless you have to be somewhere, of course!

Jim and Ivie Baker said...

It's WINTER now! BRRRRRRRR!