Bible Verse of the Day

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Romantic Valentine's Day--For 4!

Sometimes kids have a way of nicely being in the way ;-) But I don't mind at all. I know dd10 would have liked to cook for me, but I had special meal plans too, so a compromise was reached. I cooked, the kids served and cleaned up. Hey, we should do that every day, LOL. We did lots of "together cooking," as well. For lunch, we made heart-shaped pizzas with pineapple coleslaw and macaroni salad on the side. For dinner ds5 and I made garlic monkey bread (he loves rolling dough!). We had stuffed shells, broiled eggplant slices, and Asparagus with Walnut Dressing, and tossed salad. True to their word, the kids not only served, but decorated. They even conned Poppa into getting a folding table that they set up in the living room. I wasn't supposed to look but I recognized the sound and offered them a red-checked tablecloth, LOL. So then I was permitted to look and even helped. I added a few nice touches like floating candles ;-) They also dressed for dinner--you know, they had to look the part of restaurant propietors ;-) DS5 even condescended to put on a tie, and left it on until we were done eating! We enjoyed our delicious dinner together and then exchanged Valentine's gifts. DD10 and dh picked out a teal blue jacket for me, and a plush doggie dressed for Valentine's day. DH snuck the purple poodle for dd10 because he saw her admiring it, so he said they'd get "two for mommy" but really it was for her ;-)

All in all, a very enjoyable day/evening.

No comments: