Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Fool's--the Challenges of Homeschooling



How punny. Principled Discovery’s Home Education Week challenge for today is to blog about my biggest challenge. A challenge for a challenge, I guess ;-)

Mine would be keeping a humble spirit. I’m always right. About everything. I don’t always want to always be right, but it’s so hard to squash that argumentive spirit and just walk away calmly. My tongue lashes so well. I don’t want to be that kind of wife and mother. I’m challenging myself to pray about my bad habits. God is the only help there is out there. I don’t need to create miserable days in my home—I really just need to focus on keeping those days at bay, replaced by pleasantness and love.

4 comments:

Marbel said...

Thank you for sharing such honest thoughts!

Unknown said...

Best of luck, I think that is a giant challenge that is not always helped by my anxiety disorder.

Anonymous said...

[I’m always right. About everything] Me too. I inherited if from my Dad. He used to tell people he thought he was wrong once, but he was mistaken! LOL

Hanley Family said...

Walk away calmly? You have to be kidding, right? Because not only do we have to establish that I was indeed right, but that means that they were obviously wrong...

I think I can identify. :)