Bible Verse of the Day

Thursday, May 01, 2008

May Day, May Day!

OK, no, I'm not having trouble ;-) Just had to do that. You know, kind of like saying "The person has fallen and can't get up" when you're dispatching an ambulance somewhere. But that requires having been alive a few years ago so you get the joke ;-)

Wow, I'm slipping. My lunacy has finally surfaced. Maybe it was the sight of the mallard duck quacking up on the Pere Marquette Rail Trail this morning. OK, it didn't quack up really, but the thought of it deciding to take an early morning stroll tickled my funny bone.

Maybe my problem is that my new Hungry Girl cookbook arrived. Hot off the presses, in fact! So hot that I haven't seen one in the stores yet. But I have my very own copy. My family is going to eat well this weekend!

Maybe I'm just stir crazy because spring weather is coming back so slowly--and the forecast for my weekend off is rain. Argh!

2 comments:

Laura K. said...

LOL - I said the same thing this morning, too! My kids looked at me like I was a little nuts. Nothing new. ;P

I'm anxious to hear what you think of the Hungry Girl cookbook. Are the many vegetarian recipes in there?

vegiemama said...

Haven't had much of a chance to peruse the cookbook, but knowing the high percentage of veg recipes that she posts in her emails, I'm going to guess the cookbook has a lot too! She doesn't use any red meat at all, and only small amounts of chicken and seafood. Anything that calls for chicken could obviously be made with vegie chicken strips/substitute. She uses vegie burgers, ground burger, or vegie chili for anything that would have had beef in it.

OK, I'm getting offline and going to stick my nose in the book now. http://www.hungry-girl.com/book has gorgeous color pics and nutrition info (including WW points) for EVERY recipe in the book.