Bible Verse of the Day

Monday, May 12, 2008

Very pleasant surprise

This weekend when I arrived at work to begin my night shift, a very pleasant surprise awaited me. I still have a job! LOL, j/k ;-) A couple of weeks ago I gave very brief assistance to a doctor who stopped needing assistance in locating his wife, who was experiencing a medical emergency at her workplace. He needed to know if an ambulance had been requested, and if not, what facility she might have been taken to. I rendered assistance, his wife was located at the ER, and he took off to be with her. I mean, if he was there 5 minutes, I'd be surprised.

Evidently he and his wife appreciated what I did, tho it felt like I did nothing! She brought me a very nice gift basket and thank you note. The basket enclosed a beautiful coral pink azalea plant, a spring-print dish towel and oven mitt, and my favorite kind of chocolate (how did she know!!!) This job can be such a thankless job, so it felt very nice being appreciated--even if I did nothing, LOL.

No comments: