Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I Heard the Voice of Jesus

I Heard the Voice of Jesus
Text written by Horatius Bonar
Sung to KINGSFOLD, melody collected by Lucy Broadwood and arranged by Ralph Vaughan Willians (1872-1958)


Isaiah 32:18 My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes,
in undisturbed places of rest.

Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

V. 1 I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Come unto Me and rest;
Lay down, thou weary one, lay down 
Thy head upon My breast."
I came to Jesus as I was,
Weary and worn and sad;
I found in Him a resting place,
And He has made me glad.

John 4:14 ...but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.

V. 2 I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Behold, I freely give
The living water; thirsty one,
Stoop down and drink and live."
I came to Jesus, and I drank
Of that life-giving stream;
My thirst was quench'd, my soul revived,
And now I live in Him.

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

V. 3 I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"I am this dark world's light;
Look unto Me, thy morn shall rise,
And all thy day be bright."
I looked to Jesus, and I found
In Him my star, my sun;
And in that light of life I'll walk,
Till trav'ling days are done.

No comments: