Bible Verse of the Day

Sunday, September 01, 2013

Like Jesus

Like Jesus
Text written by A. D. Ellington, reformatted by Harold A. Miller
Tun composed in 1931 by Harold A. Miller, arranged in 1984 by Wayne Hooper (1920-?)


Romans 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

V. 1 Teach me, Father, what to say;
Teach me, Father, how to pray;
Teach me all along the way
How to be like Jesus.

1 John 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

Refrain: I would be like Jesus,
I would be like Jesus!
Help me, Lord, to daily grow
More and more like Jesus!

V. 2 Teach me as the days go by,
Teach me not to reason why,
Teach me that to do and die,
Is to be like Jesus.
Refrain

Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom. 

V. 3 Teach me that the time is short,
Teach me how to live and work,
Teach me that to never shirk
Is to be like Jesus.
Refrain

John 17:21 ...that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

V. 4 Teach me how we may be one,
Like the Father and the Son;
And when all is overcome,
I will be like Jesus.
Refrain

No comments: