Bible Verse of the Day

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Ah, the bliss!

There we all were...me, the tired mom after working all day, and two kids that wanted to spend some time with mom! So, we all got our pj's on and sprawled in my bedroom to spend some time learning together. Yep, that's right...we homeschool. Since it was evening, we kind of compressed things along...ds4 worked in his workbooks with a bit of assistance from me, while I read dd9's stuff to her (oops, blush, I just realized that we forgot to do science! Oh well, we'll just double up tomorrow, LOL!) DS got his stories as bedtime stories, and then dd's read-aloud was her bedtime story, except I gave in and also read the other book that we have been reading at bedtime also. Got me a good case of Sonlighter's Throat today, since I have to talk a lot at work also, LOL.

I know I have to juggle things to make it all work...f/t outside home job, plus hsing my kids, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. The snuggles, the moments of quiet praise, the "aha" moments when I lead them thru something and can know for certain that they've grasped the concept! Oh, and last night, dd9 had her first "aha" moment! She hadn't heard (or watched) her little bro read in a couple of weeks. When he picked up his book and started reading, holding it by himself and moving his little index finger under the words to help sound them out...her jaw hit the floor!!! She was so surprised by the change in just a couple of weeks, from his needing my help a lot, to reading the story by himself with me just there in the room to help him on a couple of harder words. I loved being there for her "aha" moment too...the look of pride on her face as she watched him was just priceless. I'm so glad we can share it all together.

No comments: