Bible Verse of the Day

Friday, October 06, 2006

Toes?

My kids are painting each others' toenails. One of my kids is a boy. He thinks it's fun to play nail salon. Maybe cuz he has a sister that thinks it's fun? In his defense, he's just spent the last 45 minutes playing with his motorized car, building ramps and seeing how well he can make it go on different configurations. Big sis played some of the time as well. At least they're sharing, and I don't hear argument coming from the other end of the house! In spite of all of the running I had to do today, my mom and I found time to go for a walk while the sun was shining. Another gorgeous fall day...lots of beautiful leaves on the ground to crunch. I love the sounds and smells of fall! We found an interesting looking mushroom top. It was large and had a crease down one side, that made it look for all the world like...well...what you see when a plumber's pants don't fit too well ;-) Gave us a giggle, anyway. Yes, we're like a coupla schoolgirls sometimes.

When we got home from our walk, the door was opened by two children who welcomed us to "Goo-Goo's Buffet!" Goo-Goo's???????? Where on earth did THAT come from, ROFL? They'd even put a white board on the music stand as their sign...you know, the "please seat yourself" sign at a restaurant? Cute. They'd set out several containers of leftovers, knowing that was what we were going to enjoy (or re-enjoy) for dinner since dh had to go to work early tonight. They can be great helpers when they want to be! All I had to do was scoop out the squash I'd cooked, and fix some crusted tofu. The tofu was AWEsome! I dipped it in egg and then crushed cereal flakes and fried it...mmmmm, such crunch! I know both of my kids each ate at least 2 pieces...I didn't count how many I ate . DD and I dipped ours in ranch dressing...mmmmmm, if I weren't full, I'd want more!

When ds and I were shopping today, we ran into our doctor. He showed her his squash and she mentioned mashing squash, putting on a little butter, and drizzling it with maple syrup. Well, we had to try that out. Now I wanna know, why didn't anyone tell me to eat squash that way ever before???? It was soooooooooooooooo good! We have REAL maple syrup, too...my dad made 24 gallons of syrup this spring so we're always well stocked!

OK, now that you're all hungry, I'll close, LOL!

1 comment:

sis said...

blue nail polish was invented for boy toes!! don't fight it ;-)
squash sounds good too!!