Bible Verse of the Day

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Reasons I like my kids :-)

  • They're great helpers--last night I had to take out the trash after work (you know, a job a man COULD do, but leaves it for his wife to do after 12 hrs at work anyway, LOL!) Anyway, they wanted me to sit and relax and they would take it all out to the curb for me. I couldn't let them do that...we all did it together. DS4 insisted on pulling the big trash can on wheels. It's as tall as he is, bless his little heart. He had to stop to rest 3 times but he made it to the end of our LOOOONG driveway and wouldn't let me help him! (DD9 and I each carried a recycling bin.)
  • When I asked them to empty the dishwasher, they had it done in record time, and reloaded with the dirty dishes that were on the counter (you know, a job a man COULD do, but leaves it for his wife to do after 12 hrs at work).
  • They're willing to do school at night, to fit my work schedule, and they don't complain even when they're getting tired. Maybe that's cuz we're reading good book, LOL.
  • They think stuff like history and science is really fun.
  • They call me in the morning when I'm at work, just to say "hi" and tell me they love me.
  • They're noisy and rambunctious, but still love to snuggle.
  • They love it when I read aloud to them.
  • They're just great kids, and I'm the luckiest mom in the world cuz they're MINE :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice to see you blogging again. :)

jenny(berm)