Bible Verse of the Day

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Forget SpongeBob...it's SpongeKris!

So a couple of nights ago, ds4 and I were snuggling in my bed after I read him bedtime stories. He says to me:

"Mommy, listen to this...0...2...4...6" and so forth, up to 12, very slowly and hesitantly! I asked him "Where did you learn to count like that?" and he said "From the math DVD." I said, "You mean sister's math?" and he replied to the affirmative. (That would be Math-U-See for anyone that cares ;-)

Goodness me! He said he liked her DVD that goes with her math curriculum...a couple of weeks ago...so we turned on lesson 1 of the DVD and let him watch it. He only watched it once. He never said a word about it, either. And now he pops it out, skip-counting by 2's! He is such an internalizer...this is not the first time that a new concept has sprouted from his mouth, a couple of weeks after he learned it. Funny to watch their brains grow and develop. I'm thinking we should let him watch the DVD over and over...he'd memorize his times tables while he's 4 and then that chore would be out of the way, ROFL.

No comments: