Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sue's 5 things

Snagged from http://elenajane.blogspot.com:

1. What's the most interesting job you've had? Well, its a toss-up...there's motherhood which of course is a daily adventure, and then there's my job that brings home a paycheck. I work f/t as an EMS/911 Dispatcher. Never know what will happen from minute to minute when I'm at work. There are so many nutty people out there! For instance, a drunk person called at 2 am wanting to talk to one of our personnel. Now I'm sorry, but I'm not going to call someone at home at 2 am just to call this drunk. Uh-uh, not going there! See, people are nuts, I told you they are ;-)

2. Where did you meet your husband? In a swamp over a crashed car. Literally. That's our first memory of each other, anyway. He's a police officer, I work for EMS, so that's pretty much how we met.

3. Have you met any famous people? Yes, a few. Played a concert for President Ferdinand Marcos of the Phillipines (yea, the big bad dictator dude, LOL) at Malacanang Palace (bummed, the website is down for reconstruction, I can't show you pics of the fabulous interior!) I've gotten autographs from a few famous musicians, like Itzhak Perlman, Isaac Stern, and Mstislav Rostropovich. Spent a day rubbing shoulders with cellist Lynn Harrell when I was a teen, as we got designated to pick up he and his accompanist from the airport and transport them to and from their concert venue, and I also turned pages for them during their concert, which meant I had to sit in on their rehearsal, plus I was a student in Mr. Harrell's master class. Participated in quite a few other master classes with people who are high-up in the American symphonic world, as well. And of course, I currently love rubbing shoulders with members of the King's Singers. Not all bad being on a first-name basis with a couple of them :-)

4. What is your most annoying habit? Who me, annoying??? Well, ok, there's one of them...sarcasm. But it can be funny being sarcastic. Probably my other annoying habit is if I become a nag, but I try hard not to let that tendency show thru, to spare my family their sanity. Then again, if they'd just do things my way, I wouldn't have to nag, right, LOL?

5. What would be your idea of the perfect gift? Oh boy! A remote starter that actually works right? (DH is going to be taking my van back to get the starter worked on for the 3rd time, when he gets a chance!) No, really, I think the perfect gift would be an expenses-paid trip for my family, to someplace that had a good mix of R&R and educational opportunities. I can think of several destinations that would fit that bill and probably wouldn't be picky at which one I received, LOL.

1 comment:

me said...

cool!! i liked reading yours, glad you liked it enough to borrow it (cos i borrow things all the time). :-)