Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A-Z Homemaking MeMe

Borrowed from Our Little Slice of Heaven...she's so much more homey than I am!

Homemaking Questionnaire

Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favorite look like?
Yes, if I'm baking and likely to get something on me. My Aunt Nancy made my mom and me matching aprons a LONG time ago...they're off-white with a Pennsylvania Dutch type pattern stamped on the fabric. She's a Suzie Homemaker too.

Baking – Favorite thing to bake
Bread, muffins, cornbread

Clothesline – Y/N?
No, but I really should. I just hate having to go back out and get clothes after I hung them up...I like to have my laundry done and put away right after lunch!

Donuts – Have you ever made them?
No

Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day
Wipe my bathroom sink and toilet after I take a shower.

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yes, I have a deep freeze AND a 2nd refrigerator/freezer in my garage...they came with the house.

Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
Nope

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
Organized Home, plus my collection of vegetarian cookbooks

Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
Hate it

Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
It's only sort of a junk drawer...I know where everything is, LOL. It's in the kitchen.

Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme
I don't have a decorating scheme in my kitchen, unless you consider "stuff on the counters" to be a scheme ;-) OK, let's see. There's carpet in my kitchen (argh, hate it!) that is a neutral color, and I have two green/blue/red runners in front of the sink and stove because that's where I'm most likely to spill things on the floor. Someday I will not have a carpeted kitchen! Half of the walls are white but covered with cupboards, the other half (also the hallway) are sage green and a pale pale pink, with a matching wallpaper border midway up. Hard to describe, but pretty...it was painted that way when we moved in.

Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
Doing things for my family that I know they enjoy.

Mop – Y/N?
I swiffer. My only linoleum is in the bathroom, and two small patches by the entry doors.

Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
Washing machine

Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
My light is burned out and impossible to replace, so I might as well not have a window. And when it did work, I still liked to open the door...you can't see "brown" thru a window!

Pizza – What do you put on yours?
Vegies and cheese

Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Bwahahahaha, am I supposed to get a quiet moment? Somebody forgot to write that in my mommy contract!!! Ummm, lemme see. Read the mail, read a cookbook, get online for a few minutes, make lesson plans. I used to quilt but I lost my quiet time ;-)

Recipe card box – Y/N? What does it look like?
Not anymore. I have a huge stack of recipes I've clipped and printed, etc, that I need to get into a notebook, tho.

Style of house – What style is your house?
Modified ranch.

Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N?
Nope, just vinyl placemats...patriotic ones for warm months, snowman ones for cold months.

Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
Organized, but it sure would be easier if those silly drain pipes weren't there ;-) I have garbage and food storage bags there, as well as dish and dishwasher soaps, potato scrubber, sponges and paper towels, and household cleaners.

Vacuum – How many times per week?
My Roomba is my best friend :-)

Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
Hmmmmm, let me see. I do laundry twice a week, usually 3 or 4 loads, so that would be around 8 loads per week.
X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
Not every day, only on days when I get up and have a bunch of things to do that aren't in my usual routine and I'm afraid I'll forget to do something!

Yard – Y/N? Who does what?
Since husband rarely helps in the house, I rarely help in the yard. Seems fair to me. I do plant flowers and weed the flower beds tho, or it wouldn't get done.

Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Read stories to my kids and tuck them into bed.

No comments: