Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Prayers and good deeds

DD9 is getting shorn tomorrow. A bit over two years ago, she donated her hair to Wigs for Kids. She's been growing it out ever since, and the time has come to once again donate. I promised her a salon cut/style when she gets it cut, so we have an appointment for 9 tomorrow morning to get it cut for Locks of Love. She has enough length so she can get a chin-length style like she's been wanting. I'll post before and after pics soon. She's excited. I know she'll look cool. And I'm proud of her generosity in being a 2nd-time donor.

She's also been improving on her prayer life. She was having some difficulty falling asleep at night...having nightmares, etc. First of all, I started using a white noise machine in her room, and that has helped. And best of all, we've started praying together when I tuck her in, at her request. It's been cathartic for both of us. I didn't have a prayer partner and I've missed that, so I've been enjoying our prayer time very much. We have special people in our life that are seriously ill and we've been praying for them, as well as whatever else is on our hearts. I love her sincerity and openness in her prayer, and I'm glad for this improvement for both of us.

This morning dd fixed breakfast for ds4, then left the room to go fix her own breakfast. DH noticed that ds4 was just sitting there, and not eating. Finally dd came back with her breakfast...ds4 had been waiting for her to come back and pray with him so he could eat. Makes a mum's heart go pitty-pat, for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How generous!! I can't wait to see the before and after pics.

I can relate to the "pitty-pat" of a mommy's heart. I understand why Jesus said that we should be like the little children. :-)

Jenny said...

awww...it doesn't get much better than that, does it.

Just wanted to say thanks for the mummified apple tip! I never would've thought of that!! That should only take a couple weeks max, right?