Bible Verse of the Day

Monday, April 09, 2007

The new kindergartner on the block!

DS5 started kindergarten yesterday. Now mind you, along with pre-K he did kindy lang arts, and maths already into 1st grade...we just haven't told him of his asynchronies for fear of his getting a big head or some such awful thing ;-) Anyway, he's not "officially" a kindergartner. He has been quick to tell anyone that listens that pre-K was "boring for a 5 year old" ROFL. (If you don't know, we're using Sonlight curriculum.) So on our first day, we started with Bible stories and a new memory verse, then we read a story about Martin Luther for history, put timeline figures of Adam & Eve, and Martin Luther, into the brand new timeline book, wrote the dates into our new create-a-calendar and put a few important stickers on some days, talked about the water cycle and rainbows for science and did a worksheet related to those themes, did a page of multiplication in Miquon and explored numbers between 10 and 20 in Singapore, he read to me his first story from the I Can Read It book, he wrote a simple sentence for dictation, did the first two pages of ETC, played the "jumping capital frogs" game in his HWT book, and we read chapter 1 of The Boxcar Children. I think that was all, LOL. He says it was fun...I thought it was fun...maybe revisiting kindergarten won't be so bad after all, says the mom who sometimes dislikes doing the same thing twice in a row, hee hee.

5 comments:

Paper Dali said...

Wow. A new kindergartener, eh? LOL

Now that Miguel is five, he SO wants to be called a kindergartner, and I think we will. It's funny, though, because it's the same set of books as, like, a WEEK ago. ROFL He's mixed up with his books anyhow. Some are Kindy books, another is a pre-K, etc. Sigh.

And, hey, are you all right? Your previous post had me really thinking. It must be hard to help folks who do NOTHING to help themselves out of bad situations, hm? I'm assuming that's it ... ? It must've been a hard time for you, and I'm sorry.

(HUG)

vegiemama said...

Well, you know, with HIPPA laws I can't tell about calls that make you go hmmmm, so I had to have a way to express my feelings in a general, generic way. It didn't really get me "down" per se (not like the death of a child or something really horrific would have, anyway.) Thanks for asking.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a first day of Kindergarten! It sounds like it was tons of fun.

Jenny said...

OK, I just have to tell you what Cameron said yesterday... We've been getting lots of books in the mail for next year and he said that he wants to be a 1st grader tomorrow. I said he can't because he has to finish Kindergarten first. He said he'll do them both at the same time then. LOL. I told him that he's already doing 1st grade math. He insisted that that meant that he was a first grader and he wanted me to call him that now. I finally had to tell him that his grade wasn't based on what he could do, but how old he was, so he couldn't be a 1st grader until he was 6. LOL, he'd be a 6 yr old 5th grader if I let him!

vegiemama said...

ROFL Jenny, at Cameron wanting you to call him a 1st grader already ;-) Ah kids, they can't wait to grow up. I suppose we were that way once upon a time, too, LOL.