Bible Verse of the Day

Saturday, April 14, 2007

OK, I succumb

My children have been begging for a pet. Apparently the fish that they begged for aren't good enough. I think they are. They come when they're called. They don't make messes in the house. They love me very much, as evidenced by their wriggling frantically every time I walk past the fishtank, LOL. But that doesn't matter to children, I guess.

So we are about to embark on the adventure of pet ownership again. We are going to adopt a kitty. Or two, if the children have their way! I do like that PetSmart helps cats and dogs find new homes, so that's where we'll be doing it thru. So now we have to go there at least once a week to see if there's a cat (or cats) that we like yet. They have a pet adoption weekend the first weekend in May, and I've talked to the cat lady already, and she says she'll have lots of cats there then, including kittens. The good thing is, all of the cats are already neutered and up-to-date on their shots and stuff, and the price is definitely MUCH less than if we were to procure free kittens from my dad's friend and then have to take them to the vet to get that stuff done (YIKES!!!)

Will post feline pictures and updates when the grand adoption happens. I'm already, a little bit, getting anxious. I think it's going to be fun .

3 comments:

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

Oh, I absolutely love kitty cats!! Definitely get two b/c they're so cute when they play together. I'm jealous now!!
But, um... you may want to make sure that fish tank is covered. I had a cat eat my fish one time! How traumatic would that be?!

vegiemama said...

LOL, the fish tank has a lid...already thought of that, hee hee ;-)

me said...

best of luck...wonder what the fishies will think of the new family members....