Bible Verse of the Day

Thursday, April 19, 2007

We're going batty!

Tuesday we had an "up close and personal" nature lesson. DS5 wanted to do his school outdoors since the sun had actually decided to appear for a change, so he and I put our chairs out under the "school tree." I went back in the house to get something, when all of a sudden, DD9 came in hollering that I needed to get out and see her chair RIGHT NOW! I went out, and there was a bat snoozing on her chair. It had crawled into the chair, inside its canvas storage bag, and when she opened the chair, she discovered our little fuzzy friend. So we had a wonderful close-up look at him, and then carefully folded the chair and carried it back to the porch so as to not disturb the bat boudoir. Oh, and we didn't tell daddy! He'd have probably come out and whacked our furry little mosquito-eating friend ;-)

1 comment:

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

Oh, how very very cool!!! We got a close up look at a bat stuck in the grill of our neighbor's van once. LOL I probably would have freaked at a live bat though.