Bible Verse of the Day

Friday, March 14, 2008

Watch out, the Lego Police are after you!

This afternoon the kids were supposed to be straightening up parts of the house that they messed up. DD10 had disappeared to her room, and ds5 was convinced that he could quit too. So, for once I had a brain cell functioning and I beat him at his own game! I had him don his Lego police vest and report to me for his special mission, should he choose to accept it. Well with a bribe like that, he couldn't resist.
The mission was as follows: Lego bricks have been sneaking into our house and congregating in corners to spy on us. On the designated night, they will sneak out of their corners, meet in the middle of the floor, build something from themselves, and attack us. DD5's job was to ferret them out of their corners so they can't spy on us or attack us.
Well let me tell you, he took off on the big search! He brought the first couple of pieces that he found to show them to me, and I made up these fantastic tales about who they were and what their roles in the invasion are, so then he started making up his own stories about the pieces he found. And wouldn't you know, the Legos all got cleaned up, with nary a complaint about having to "work" ;-) Lest you worry that they will sneak back out into the corners and spy on us again, they can't--they're "locked in jail", aka the drawers.
This game was such a success--I swear he jabbered on and on about it whenever he could get a word in edgewise at dinner, and to anyone who would listen! I shall definitely remember this one for future clean-ups ;-)

No comments: