Bible Verse of the Day

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Date with my hubby :-)

We had a cheap date today! We both worked last night, so when we got up this afternoon, we went for a nice walk together, just the two of us. With my parents next door, we can safely leave the kids home, since they dislike walking with us! Anyway, for a change of scenery, we walked in a nearby park instead of walking just on the Rail Trail. We'd not explored the 2nd (longer) trail in this park, but we did so today. Lemme tell you, friends, the woods is FULL of red berries. Pixilated Mum, I thought of you. There were clusters of red berries on one plant, single berries on plants that looked like wintergreen but aren't, purple berries on stalks in the middle of flat clusters of broad green leaves--all sorts of thingies like that and I have NO idea what the plants were! They were pretty tho.

I think my dh is getting addicted to exercise--especially when he stepped on the scale and it said he'd lost a bit of weight! For some reason he'd plateaued and hadn't lost anything since we got back from vacation, but this last week he's been exercising more than he had and he's making progress! Anyway, he commented on how good the walk made him feel, and how nice it is to walk together, and how he noticed that a certain dress of mine fits better because I've been walking with him when I can.

Oh, and anyone interested in some motivation to move--check out iVillage's Walk On, Rock On to a New You: A 6-Week Walking Program for Better Health. It starts October 1st. I've already signed up, and when I mentioned it to my dh, he asked if he could do it with me. OK, first pick me up off the floor. This is NOT the man I married! He's ASKING if he can exercise? With me???? Yay, hurray, yippee-kiyee, rock on Mr. Hubby!

3 comments:

Karen said...

That is wonderful, Sue. My DH and I were just talking today about starting a walking routine. The 6-wk program sounds ideal for us too! Yay, Paul!!!!! I'm so proud of him for doing what needs to be done. :-)

Paper Dali said...

Red berries made you think of me? LOL That's AWESOME. :D


And I'm so happy that your husband is all into getting healthy. That really is a wonderful blessing that, instead of just going, "Hey, this is just how it is" that he is doing what he can to be healthy for you and the kids. High five him for me!

And you rock, of course, always. : )

~ej said...

that's awesome....and the 6 wk prog sounds just perfect too :)