Bible Verse of the Day

Monday, September 17, 2007

Wounded in action--still

A week ago we were at a hs group social event, and dd10 was playing a game with other kids and got plowed down and her wrist was stepped on. I didn't think it was broken but it's still hurting a lot and she's guarding it and not using it fully even when active, so I finally took her in yesterday for x-rays. I was right--no fracture. I'd have felt like a heel (and had to listen to dh harp on me for not taking her in earlier, LOL!) if it was. She at least has a rigid splint now, instead of the soft wrap I had her using, and they said to follow up in a week for more x-rays if it's not feeling better. Of course, this was her right arm, so her writing ability is limited. DS5 has become her scribe! He can write her math for her, and circle things, etc. Sentences I have to do or she'll never get done because he writes BIG and S-L-O-W ;-) Thank goodness for Sonlight and literature-based learning. I can't imagine having to help with all of her schoolwork if she had more writing and workbooks to fill in!

No comments: