Bible Verse of the Day

Monday, September 10, 2007

Homeschoolers don't need lunchbox notes!

You know. Those clever little books you can buy, and you tear out a note each day to put in your child's lunchbox. Totally not needed in our family, right? Well, dd10 wants a daily note. Typed at the bottom of her schedule. That custom-created-in-pink-and-purple-with-a-bit-of-yellow paper she gets each day, with her assignments on it. She liked the note I had on it this week that said "Enjoy doing some origami, using your special papers." Haven't had a bit of problem getting her motivated to do THAT part of the assignments! My house is now wallpapered with folded bits of colored paper. I do have to admit that the penguin she made me from black paper (it's white on the "wrong" side of the paper!) is pretty cute. And the piano she made from zebra striped paper for Grandma is just--well--I want one like it. A full-size one ;-) And the oblong boxes were perfect for holding a bit of candy, mini cards, and bookmarks--you DID remember that Grandparents' Day was last Sunday, didn't you? So anyway, I digress. When I run out of ways to say "I love you" or "You're terrific" I guess I'll have to peruse those scrapbooking sites with bazillions of quotes. Oh ha ha, here's an idea! I could spread a "knock-knock" joke over 4 days! Or give her a riddle, and the answer the next day. Hmmmm, this could turn into something fun!

4 comments:

~ej said...

sounds like fun...whenever i've put notes in my boys lunches, they've never read them....

Jenny said...

Love the new colors! Much easier on the eyes. ;)

Maybe you could write the notes in Latin or Spanish or hieroglyphics or whatever you happen to be studying? Mathy codes to break, perhaps? You could have a lot of fun with this!

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

oh! I want a zebra striped piano, too!! :)

vegiemama said...

LOL Jenny--now THERE'S a great idea! I like my new colors, too ;-)