Bible Verse of the Day

Sunday, February 03, 2013

All the Way My Savior Leads Me

All the Way my Savior Leads Me
Text written in 1875 by Fanny J. Crosby (1820-1915)
Sung to the hymn tune LOWRY, composed in 1874 by Robert Lowry (1826-1899)


Deuteronomy 32:12 The Lord alone led him; no foreign god was with him.

Mark 7:37 People were overwhelmed with amazement. “He has done everything well,” they said. “He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak.”

V. 1 All the way my Savior leads me:
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my guide?
Heavenly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell;
For I know whate'er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well;
For I know whate'er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well.

John 6:32 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven."

1 Corinthians 10:4 ...and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 

V. 2 All the way my Savior leads me;
Cheers each winding path I tread;
Gives me grace for every trial,
Feeds me with the living bread;
Though my weary steps may falter,
And my soul athirst may be,
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo, a spring of joy I see;
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo, a spring of joy I see.

V. 3 All the way my Savior leads me;
O the fullness of His love!
Perfect rest to me is promised 
In my Father's house above;
When I wake to life immortal,
Wing my flight to realms of day,
This my song through endless ages,
Jesus led me all the way;
This my song through endless ages,
Jesus led me all the way.

No comments: