Bible Verse of the Day

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Draw Me Nearer

Draw Me Nearer
Text written in 1875 by Fanny J. Crosby (1820-1915)
Tune composed by William H. Doane (1832-1915)


V. 1 I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith,
And be closer drawn to thee.

Hebrews 10:22 Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Refrain: Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side.

2 Chronicles 29:31 Then Hezekiah said, “You have now dedicated yourselves to the Lord. Come and bring sacrifices and thank offerings to the temple of the Lord.” So the assembly brought sacrifices and thank offerings, and all whose hearts were willing brought burnt offerings.

V. 2 Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
By the power of grace divine;
May my soul look up with a steadfast hope
And my will be lost in Thine.
Refrain

Psalm 4:4 Tremble and do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent.

V. 3 O the pure delight of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God,
I commune as friend with friend!
Refrain

No comments: