Bible Verse of the Day

Monday, February 25, 2013

Lord Jesus, Think on Me

Lord Jesus, Think on Me
Text written by Synesius of Cyrene (c. 375-430), translated by Allen W. Chatfield (1808-1896)
Sung to the tune SOUTHWELL, adapted from "Damon's Psalmes", 1579

Nehemiah 5:19 Remember me with favor, my God, for all I have done for these people.

V. 1 Lord Jesus, think on me,
And purge away my sin;
From earthborn passions set me free,
And make me pure within.

V. 2 Lord Jesus, think on me,
With care and woe oppressed;
Let me Thy loving servant be,
And taste Thy promised rest.

V. 3 Lord Jesus, think on me,
Nor let me go astray;
Through darkness and perplexity
Point Thou the heavenly way.

V. 4 Lord Jesus, think on me,
That I may sing above
To Father, Spirit, and to Thee,
The strains of praise and love.

No comments: