Bible Verse of the Day

Monday, July 22, 2013

Blessed Assurance, Jesus Is Mine!

Blessed Assurance, Jesus Is Mine!
Text written in 1873 by Fanny J. Crosby (1820-1915)
Hymn tune composed in 1873 by Mrs. Joseph F. Knapp (1839-1908)


Romans 8:16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 

Hebrews 1:14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Revelation 1:5 ...and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood....

V. 1 Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Psalm 104:33 I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

Refrain: This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

John 1:51 He then added, “Very truly I tell you, you will see ‘heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on’ the Son of Man.”

V. 2 Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight.
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
Refrain

Matthew 24:42 Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.

V. 3 Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
Refrain

No comments: