Bible Verse of the Day

Monday, July 29, 2013

Lord, I Have Made Thy Word My Choice

Lord, I Have Made Thy Word My Choice
Text written by Isaac Watts (1674-1748)
Sung to WETHERBY, composed by Samuel S. Wesley (1810-1876)

Psalm 119:57-59 You are my portion, Lord; I have promised to obey your words.  I have sought your face with all my heart; be gracious to me according to your promise.  I have considered my ways and have turned my steps to your statutes.

V. 1 Lord, I have made Thy word my choice,
My lasting heritage;
There shall my noblest pow'rs rejoice,
My warmest thoughts engage.

Psalm 119:60 I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands.

V. 2 I'll read the histories of Thy love,
And keep Thy laws in sight;
While through Thy promises I rove,
With ever fresh delight.

V. 3 In this broad land of wealth unknown,
Where springs of life arise,
Seeds of immortal bliss are sown,
And hidden glory lies.

V. 4 The best relief that mourners have,
It makes our sorrows blest;
Our fairest hope beyond the grave,
And our eternal rest.

No comments: