Bible Verse of the Day

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Jury duty

Yay, lucky me. I've been summoned for the month of May. At first when I saw the letter, I thought "oh no!" but then as I've thought about it, I see God's hand in this. My biggest worry about jury duty has been that it would make it difficult to continue with our usual school routine. Well, guess what? We'll be done with our school year in April, so we won't have to worry about May at all if we don't want to!

I still feel like I'll be wasting my time having to do this, tho. I've been summoned for jury duty once before (federal jury duty, even) and I was the 3rd juror dismissed, right behind two cops. I have two strikes against me...cop's wife, and EMS employee. So they could have made my life a whole lot easier by just not calling me at all...save me the bother of showing up only to be rejected once again, LOL.

2 comments:

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

I've been called for jury duty a couple times. It's actually pretty interesting if you get to be on a jury. Otherwise, it's dreadfully boring! Good luck! I hope you get something good!

Paper Dali said...

Too bad you can't take the kids with you to jury selection. "See, kids, this is how jury selection works!" LOL Can you imagine?