Bible Verse of the Day

Monday, March 19, 2007

Savoring the scent

My yard smelled so good yesterday. The smell of my dad's maple syrup cooking over the fire wafted over the whole 3 acres (and probably beyond!), making our yard smell irresistably sweet. I could have stayed home from work just to inhale ;-)

Reminds me of 2 Corinthians 2:15 "For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish" and Psalm 119:103 "How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" and how all throught the pentateuch, it is stated repeatedly that the sacrifices made to God had "a sweet savour." Now while I don't believe He intends us to now kill animals and burn them up in His name, I do see that the things we do to show our love for Him definitely are pleasant to Him, just as the syrup fire had a most pleasant scent that overspread the neighborhood yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just imagine the number of people who rush by nature's beauty and don't even notice the sweet smell of the maple syrup or the spring flowers. I feel sad for those people. There are so many blessings often fail to even notice.