Bible Verse of the Day

Thursday, January 24, 2008

2007

Copying The Faithful Alligator:

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? Went to NYC without being accompanied by someone who knew his/her way around better than me!

2. What are your New Years Resolutions? I try not to make them, so I don't have to break them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2007? Yes, one of my bestest friends had her King in January, and then became a grandma in September.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No

5. What countries did you visit? Just the good ole' USA.

6 What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? Better exercise habits.

7. What date(s) in 2007 will remain etched in your memory and why? Memorial Day weekend, when my love had a heart attack. It was a new birth experience, however, because he has worked hard to change his habits and become a better man in many many ways. Also, my dd's 10th birthday. She and I had a fantabulous girls' day all by ourselves at the American Girl Store in NYC. In August, she also gave her heart to Jesus and was baptized in the lake at church camp.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Finding a groove for seriously homeschooling two very different children.

9. What was your biggest failure? Spending too much on the credit cards :-(

10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?No, but my dd did--her hand got stepped on and it has taken 5 months for it to heal and for her to be pain-free.

11. What was the best thing someone bought you? Some nice clothing!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? All of ours--we weathered a rough year and came out better on the other side.

13. Whose behavior appalled and depressed you? I'm right with Faithful Alligator--my pastor. He's gone now, yay. Talk about not having it, as a pastor, a husband, a shepherd, anything! Wierd situation that left many members hurt, angry, depressed, and just plain shaking their heads in dismay.

14. Where did most of your money go? Probably the largest chunk was spent on our vacation to the east coast in July.

15. What did you get really, really excited about? Taking my kids to see the King Tut exhibit.

16. What song(s) reminds you of 2007?Dunno

17. Compared to last year are you...a.) Happier or Sadder? Happier. b.) Thinner or Fatter? A tiny bit thinner c.) Richer or Poorer? Poorer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Exercise, preferably with my hubby and/or kids.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Putting my kids off.

20. How did you spend Christmas? Morning, with my family and parents. Afternoon, with the extended family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007? Oh yes. With my hubby's re-birth and quest to be a healthier family member, we have become ever so much closer and in tune. It feels wonderful!

22. How many one night stands did you have? One night at a time. But only with one man :D If I were having one night stands, why would I tell, anyway?

23. What was your favorite TV program? Rarely watch TV.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't this time last year? Nope

25. What was the best book you read? Ah, my booklist is at home. But I did read several good books :-)

26. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? I'm 39 and I worked and slept, and my mom made me dinner, and my dd10 did her best to organize a surprise birthday party for me!

27. What was your best musical discovery? Didn't make any

28. What did you want and get? Ummmm, I dunno! Oh wait--low-heeled dress boots.

29. What was your favorite film of the year? Don't have one.

30. What did you want and not get? Can't think of anything!

31. What one thing would've made your year immeasurably more satisfying?Can't think of anything!

32. How would you describe your fashion concept for 2007? Comfy clothes.

33. What kept you sane? My family, for sure.

34. Which celebrity or public figure did you admire most? I try to avoid anything to do with the lives of the rich and famous!

35. What political issue stirred you most? My state's dismal economy, and dh's work hours being cut.

36. Who do you miss? My baby sister; my maternal grandparents.

37. Who was the best new person you met? I re-connected with a school chum when she moved back to this area.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned. Be flexible. Drop the schedule once in a while and go do something fun and spontaneous.

39. Quote a song line that defines your year. Don't know one.

No comments: