Bible Verse of the Day

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Help, I'm being outgrown!

I'm not needed anymore. My baby is outgrowing me. Well ok, not quite. But I now get to sit quietly in the evening, and I'm not called to help him with his bath anymore. He wants to shower, all by himself. I only have to get the water started for him, that's it. All those years when I longed for uninterrupted time, and now it's here, and I'm suddenly loathe for him to be growing up quite so fast! OK, just so you don't think he never needs me--his needs are growing with him. Now he needs me to help him with things on his computer ;-)

A cool thing--my grandfather sent over a book for DS5 to read. It's a Bible-based primer book that was written by grandpa's 1st grade teacher and published in 1929. He would have been a teenager by then, but I suspect she probably used similar materials when she was teaching him. His copy of the book is a special part of his book collection, so we were all surprised that he was suddenly loaning it out. It's just perfectly at DS5's reading level. In fact, today, he read the first 5 pages to himself as his devotional. He told me he had to read it out loud because he doesn't know how to read silently yet, LOL. That's ok--I won't complain!

No comments: