Bible Verse of the Day

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Moms need time, too!

I had an hour to kill after a staff meeting this evening, before having to be at work, so I decided to have some much-deserved mommy time. I went to Barnes & Noble and had me a nice warm coffee and sat in a comfy chair and browsed a bit. (Also took my library book so I could read it :-) Just to bolster the economy, I did buy a couple of books that were BEGGING to be taken home.

Vegetarian Times Low-Fat and Fast . I'm in love already, LOL. The book only has 4 sections--appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, and desserts. The main dish section is a whopping 108 pages (out of the book's 196 page total) and almost every page has helpful hints and tips on it. The side dish section isn't too shabby either, with 38 pages. Hmmm, now what shall I cook for dinner tomorrow night, LOL? Maybe I can even find something for potluck at church ;-)

The other book I found on the clearance table--Ornagami. If you guessed that it's a Christmas origami book, you're right. The cool thing is that it's a really long book. Each page has a piece of really cool origami paper that you can tear off at the perforations. When you've used the paper, you can cut the excess cover material off and you're left with a small book of origami patterns in case you want to do any of them again. A bunch of the items in the book are modular origami (where you make more than one folded item and stick them together) so that should be fun. I got to thinking, I have some nice plastic boxes at home that are empty--one shall now be my Christmas origami box so I can create things thru the year and get them out at Christmas. Aren't I smart?

3 comments:

~ej said...

oooh, more origami!! i am going to start that calendar with ds2 this weekend for sure!! :)
and cook books intimidate me just a bit. i like the simplistic ones....

Karen said...

You've inspired me to take some much needed "mommy time" too. I love Barnes and Noble, and there's one not too far from my house. I sure wish you could join me. :-)

vegiemama said...

Karen, that would be fun! We could have lots of fun together in a bookstore ;-)