Bible Verse of the Day

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Artistic Pursuits

My children have set up art and craft studios this week, it seems! First it was ds5. He came to me, wanting to know if I had a book I could give him. What kind of book? A book he could put drawings in. I finally ferretted out of him the info that he needed a notebook, any color. Boy was he thrilled when I coughed up an orange notebook that I'd gotten on clearance after school started last fall! So now he draws a picture, 3-hole punches it, and puts it in his book. He proudly informed me today that he's up to 15 pages now, but it's "a very short book and I don't want my book to be a short book, mommy, I want it to be all filled up." He's so serious, too, you can't help but laugh. Oh, and he made front and back covers for his book and put them in the pockets all by himself. I noticed him writing on a page and asked what that was, and he informed me that that was the inside cover of the book. "You know how when you open up a book, mommy, there's a page that is just like the cover. This is a real book, so it has to have that page inside, you know." OK, now I know ;-) LOL, funny boy.

Not to be outdone, dd10 also needed a notebook (happened to have a pink one purchased at the same clearance sale!) but hers is very different from her brother's. She is cutting up all of her old American Girl catalogs and making scrapbook pages of the girls and outfits she likes. It's very cute. Of course, she's also making sure to point out to me which outfits she likes the best, and which ones she thinks need to be added to her dolls' wardrobes ;-)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh Sue, you're giving me homeschool-envy again. :-) *j/k* You have some very creative kiddos. I wonder who on earth did they get it from?? hmmmm...