Bible Verse of the Day

Monday, November 05, 2007

Answered Prayer

I just have to share how God listens to even the smallest of his followers. Sabbath at church my ds5 managed to pick up a small sliver on his pinky finger. Of course, it was right during choir rehearsal, which resulted in his being greatly distressed for the rest of rehearsal, and of course distracting me! The anticipation of tweezers just didn't set well with him, even tho it was going to be an easy removal as at the right angle, the end was visible and would be easy to grab. We always conclude rehearsal with prayer. DS5 didn't want to pray, so when it was my turn in the circle, I said "This is ds5's prayer and he is asking that his sliver will come out very easily so his hand doesn't hurt" and then continued with my own prayer. Then we went and found Poppa, owner of a very handy-dandy Swiss army knife complete with tweezers. I took ds5 and got him where there was good light...and couldn't find the sliver!!! I looked both pinky fingers over from every angle, and even pressed on them to see where the owie was. There was not even a scratch--no sign that he'd ever had a sliver in his finger at all! Wow, talk about the way to answer a prayer :-)

No comments: