Bible Verse of the Day

Monday, November 26, 2007

Cappucino, anybody?

OK, I don't know about you, but I find a warm, creamy, soothing beverage just sooooo addictive, especially since winter is rapidly descending upon us! But yikes, the thought of the money some people spend at the coffee shops every week just gives me the chills, to say nothing of the liquid calories ingested, etc. Anywho, so I bought me a stovetop Espresso brewer and I've turned into a pretty fair amateur barrista, if I may say so ;-) I've also been trying out the recipes at Vegweb.com. I even got me a little leak-proof 16 oz container so I can take the needed ingredients to work and heat up a soothing beverage in the middle of my shift. Yea, I'm addicted--but at least not to having to run to the coffee shop all of the time!

Here's one of my favorite recipes, concocted by a friend from church. I'm quite sure it gives WaWa's Maple French Toast cappucino a HUGE run for the money, all around!

Mary's Cappucino
2 cups soy milk
2 Tbs maple syrup (the real thing, if possible!)
2 Tbs instant coffee powder, or Roma or Postum powder
2 tsp vanilla
Stir well and heat on the stove until it is hot and steamy. Enjoy :-) Even my ds5 loves this stuff!

No comments: