Bible Verse of the Day

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Scribblings from a 5 year old

My ds5 and his phonetic spelling just cracks me up. He loves to write and we're left deciphering because sometimes even HE can't remember what it was he wrote, LOL. Here are two very recent examples:

My mom handed me a piece of handwriting paper tonight with his squiggles to decipher. He'd written:

ohiyo
pensuvany
noojrsey
nooyory

Each word was followed by a check mark. I'm informed that it was his itinerary for an imaginary cruise he was on, hee hee. She said he spelled it all himself, except for needing help with the Y in New York. Funny thing is, this is the exact order of the states thru which we travel when going to visit relatives! Except we do it in a van, not in a cruise ship, ROFL ;-)

Today, he wanted an email, so I quick sent him a little note so there'd be something in his inbox. This was his reply to me. It took him a good 1/2 hr to type it but he stuck with it, bless his heart, LOL. He was so funny--he'd come running and want to know if the "k" sound was a "c" or a "k" but he wouldn't tell me what word it was to be in--or he'd want to know what letter makes the "ng" sound, etc. I was just afraid he was going to hit the wrong button and end up closing it before he sent it, after all that hard work. Whew!!!

"mom i luv you yoo r the best mom evr i hop th et y oo r god i hop th et yr brth day iz grat [types his name at this point] hal a muce dans h er ez a nutr wun hal can jup 100000000000 fet hal can a mukey jup on ho ez hed hoo hoohoho hoo hooho ho hoo hoo ho ho wutu mup i am hoo hooho ho her iz a fact uv a mukey cen a mokey th et bnan uz end hang on bran chiz
hoo hooho ho"

Now for the interpretation, hee hee ;-)
Mom, I love you. You are the best mom ever. I hope that you are good. I hope that your birthday is great [mind you, it's two weeks away ;-)]
How a monkey dance here easy a nature one [huh, lost in the interpretation--he couldn't even remember what he typed to help me out, ROFL] He can jump 100000000000 feet. How can a monkey jump on his head ooo ooo aaah aah ooo ooo aah ahh. What am up. I am hoo hoo haa haa. Here is a fact of a monkey, can a monkey eat bananas and hang on branches. Ooo ooo aah aah.

What a crack-up. In fact, he IS a little monkey at times. The sweetest little monkey I know. I love him to bits and relish every baby snuggle I get from him because I know all too soon, he won't be my little guy anymore, nor will he think snuggling with mom is the best thing to do in the whole wide world.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Too cute!

sis said...

i love those notes and letters to mom....
and i just LOVE inventive spelling. it brings me back to my boys at age 5 and age 6....

*e