Bible Verse of the Day

Monday, March 11, 2013

I Will Sing of Jesus' Love

I Will Sing of Jesus' Love
Text written in 1886 by F. E. Belden (1858-1945)
Tune composed in 1886 by F. E. Belden


Psalm 9:2 I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.

1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us. 

V. 1 I will sing of Jesus' love, 
Sing of Him who first loved me;
For He left bright worlds above,
And died on Calvary.

Psalm 59:16 But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.

Refrain: I will sing of Jesus' love,
Endless praise my heart shall give;
He has died that I might live--
I will sing His love to me.

V. 2 O the depths of love divine!
Earth or heaven can never know
How that sins as dark as mine
Can be made as white as snow.
Refrain

Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."

Ephesians 3:18, 19 ...may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

V. 3 Nothing good for Him I've done;
How could He such love bestow?
Lord, I own my heart is won,
Help me now my love to show.
Refrain

No comments: